Prayers for Santa Fe, Texas.
My heart is saddened and heavy by the senseless slaughter of innocents in Ponder yesterday. My prayers go up for the mother who was wounded by gunfire, but who was even more wounded by watching her children die. The good people of Ponder are grieving and we all share their grief at this tragedy.
Proven Leadership • Committed Conservative
Former Republican Chairman Seeks Commissioner Post
Former Republican County Chair Dianne Edmondson has filed for Denton County Commissioner, Precinct 4 and cites her strong business background, political experience and conservative Christian values as driving forces in her decision to run.
“The month–long filing period allows potential candidates like myself to spend thoughtful time deciding if public service is the right path. The encouragement I received coupled with the unwavering support of my husband convinced me this was the right course to take for me to continue serving Denton County,” said Edmondson.
Edmondson will prioritize attracting jobs to Denton County, eliminating waste and fraud in government and supporting law enforcement efforts to keep Denton County safe.
“Economic Development that keeps rising property taxes in check is paramount. I will look for ways to trim the fat and, of course, I will strongly support law enforcement efforts to keep Denton County residents safe,” Edmondson continued.
Finally, helping her maintain a high level of service with her future constituents, Edmondson will demand excellent road upgrades and repairs.
“Commissioners and roads go hand-in-hand. Listening to citizens will help me represent them effectively on the Commissioner’s Court. I’ll have big shoes to fill with Commissioner Eads moving on but I am ready for the challenge,” Edmondson concluded.
Dianne Edmondson is a resident of Denton’s Robson Ranch where she lives with her husband Bob. She and Bob have two grown children and seven grandchildren.
My pledge as Denton
- Adopt a fiscally conservative county budget.
- Keep a low county tax rate.
- Plan strategically for healthy growth.
- Encourage businesses which provide good jobs to locate in Denton County.
- Partner with TX DOT and the 17 cities/towns in Pct. 4 to maintain and improve county roads/bridges in a timely manner.
- Promote transparency in Denton County Commissioners’ Court functions.
- Approve appropriate funding for county first responders.
- Maintain two-way communication with the Pct. 4 citizens.